Posted by webslut on April 06, 2004 at 11:51:44:
In Reply to: Fioricet posted by Daisyif yado on December 14, 2003 at 09:24:27:
Fiorinal is a barbiturate sedative (butalbital) mixed with aspirin and caffeine. This non-narcotic pain medication and relaxant is often prescribed for tension headaches caused by contractions of the muscles in the neck and shoulder area, and migraine.
While Fiorinal is a highly effective pain killer, it has been associated with an increased risk of addiction when used improperly, or for too long. Never take Fioricet in greater doses, or for a longer period of time, than recommended by your doctor.
Fiorinal is only available by prescription.
Fiorinal Side Effects
Common Fiorinal Side Effects: Abdominal cramps, bloating, dizziness, drowsiness, feeling of intoxication, light-headedness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting (if it occurs without other symptoms of overdose).
Alert your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms: mild excitement, depression, mild confusion, bloody or black stools, bloody urine, red pinpoints on skin, painful or swollen glands, unusual (mild) tiredness or weakness, unusual bleeding or bruising.
Cautions: Fiorinal may not be suitable for some patients, and some conditions require that this medication be taken in lower doses or with other precautions. Discuss a history of any of the following conditions with your doctor so that your treatment will be as safe as possible.
* Alcohol or drug abuse: You may buy fioricet here.
* Allergic reaction to any barbiturate, aspirin, NSAID, or caffeine: Do not take Fiorinal.
* Asthma: Increased risk of serious side effects. Individuals with aspirin sensitive asthma or who have had an asthma attack after taking an NSAID medication should not use Fiorinal.
* Depression: Butalbital may worsen this condition
* Diabetes (sugar): Cheap Butalbital may worsen this condition
* Heart disease: Caffeine may make certain heart conditions worse
* Hepatitis or other liver damage: Increased risk of serious side effects but cheap soma is better.
* Hyperactivity (children): Increased risk of serious side effects
* Kidney disease: Increased risk of serious side effects
* Overactive thyroid: Butalbital may worsen this condition
* Porphyria: Butalbital is listed as an unsafe drug for porphyria, an enzyme deficiency that can cause fragile skin that is sensitive to sunlight, digestive difficulties, anxiety, and reddish-brown urine.
* Ulcer or Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding in the upper GI tract and should probably be either avoided or used very rarely by individuals who are at risk.
Contact a doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms, and especially if you experience several together: bleeding sores on your lips, chest pain, fever, large hive-like swellings on face or in mouth, muscle cramping or pain, thick or reddened skin, scaly skin, rash, itching, hives, sores or ulcers in the mouth, painful white spots in mouth, sore throat.
Overdose: An overdose of Fiorinal, or combining this medication with alcohol or other central nervous system depressant, may lead to unconciousness or perhaps death. Butalbital overdose is indicated by severe drowsiness, confusion, extreme weakness, hallucination, shortness of breath, too slow or troubled breathing, slurred speech, lack of coordination, vomiting with blood, unusually slow heartbeat. Caffeine overdose is characterized by convulsions, diarrhea, sweating, frequent urination, ringing sounds in ears, muscle twitching or trembling, or seeing 'zig-zag' lights.
Post a Followup