Easter Russian course in Moscow
Easter program in Moscow – Russian language courses and culture program
Sun Match 20 – Sat April 03, 2016, Moscow State University
Together with Moscow State University, we are inviting students for special 2-week Russian language course and culture program during Easter holidays.
The course will be in groups of maximal 8 persons and a total of 20 lessons per week (4 academic hours a day for 5 days). Emphasis is on getting to know the basics of the Russian language and culture. No prior knowledge of Russian is required eventhough familiarity with the cyrillic alphabet will help. The course will specifically cover the Russian Orthodox Culture and guided visits at monasteries (e.g., Novodevichi, Kolomenskoe, Danilov) are included in the program. Learn more about the city of Moscow, the place to learn the russian language.
Lectures will be given by Russian language instructors and include topics such as:
- Basics of Spoken Russian
- History of the Russian language
- Russia’s Orthodox Church
- Russia’s Social and Economic Situation
The following will be included in the price:
- Home stay with carefully selected Russian family incl. breakfast.
- Traditional celebration of Easter in a Russian family
- Welcome Vodka party and traditional Russian dinner in a restaurant
- Tour of Moscow State University, Russia’s leading education establishment
- Walking tour of the historic Center of Moscow incl. visit of Kremlin ground (without entry tickets)
- Guided excursions as described (without entry tickets)
- Textbooks and Reference Materials
- Student ID allowing for numerious student discounts nationwide
- Certificate of attendance
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Visa support and local registration
For application, please use our Application Form and select “group course”, “homestay accommodation with breakfast” and the above dates. Please mention “Easter Course” under comments. You can also contact us if you have further questions.
We regularly organize 2-days excursions to Petersburg and the Golden Ring on weekends, where all students are invited to join:
- Excursion to Sergiyev Posad (formerly Zagorsk), the capital of the Russian Orthodox church with the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Monastery (1 day, return in the evening)
- Excursion to Sankt Petersburg (2 days, Visit of the The Hermitage Museum, Pushkin and Pavlovsk, including a folklore concert in Nikolayevsky Palace)
- Excursion to the ancient Russian cities of the Golden Ring: Vladimir, Suzdal and Sergiyev Posad (2 days)
City tours include:
- Railway tickets
- Accommodation in middle class hotel
- 2 meals a day
- Sightseeing program
- A ride on a horse-drawn sledge (in Suzdal)
Booking of excursions is done on place in Moscow, the cost will depend on the number of participants and is approx. EUR 30 for the visit to Sergiyev Posad (Zagorsk) and EUR 200 per person for the 2-days city tours.
If you wish to continue your journey on the Trans-Siberian, we are happy to help you organize an unforgettable trip. Check our individual or group tours on the Trans-Siberian.