Winter New year language courses
Winter program Moscow – Group Russian language and culture program
2 weeks Language course with 3 weeks accommodation starting end of December till January, every year, Moscow State University
Together with Moscow State University Russian Language Centre, we are happy to announce a special 2 weeks Russian language course with 3 weeks of accommodation and culture program during December and January. Arrival in Moscow is on Sunday, and departure can be chosen on any Saturday thereafter. Read more about the city of Moscow.
The course in Moscow will be in groups of maximal 8 persons each with a total of 20 lessons per week (4 academic hours a day for 5 days). Minimum number of participants is 6 persons. Emphasis is on getting to know the basics of the Russian language and culture. No prior knowledge of Russian is required eventhough familiarity with the cyrillic alphabet will help.
Lectures in Moscow will be given by Russian language instructors and leading University professors and include topics such as
- Basics of Spoken Russian
- Russian Winter Festivals
- Traditional Russian Cuisine
- Russia’s Social and Economic Situation
The following will be included in the price:
- Home stay with carefully selected Russian family incl. breakfast.
- Traditional celebration of Christmas (January 7) in a Russian family
- Welcome Vodka party
- Tour of Moscow State University, Russia’s leading education establishment
- Walking tour of the historic Center of Moscow incl. visit of Kremlin
- Visit to Kolomenskoye, the national museum-estate featuring history, architecture, arts, and scenic natural environment
- Student ID allowing for numerious student discounts nationwide
- Certificate of attendance
- transfers from and to the airport
- visa support document
For application, please use our Application Form and select “specialized group course”, “homestay accommodation with Breakfast” and indicate the desired dates. You can also contact us if you have further questions. The total price including transfers from and to the airport and visa support and all the program package described above is EUR 990 with accommodation at a Russian family for a 2-week program.
We regularly organize 2-days excursions to Petersburg and the Golden Ring on weekends, where all students are invited to join:
- Excursion to Sergiyev Posad (formerly Zagorsk), the capital of the Russian Orthodox church with the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Monastery (1 day, return in the evening)
- Excursion to Sankt Petersburg (2 days, Visit of the The Hermitage Museum, Pushkin and Pavlovsk, including a folklore concert in Nikolayevsky Palace)
- Excursion to the ancient Russian cities of the Golden Ring: Vladimir, Suzdal and Sergiyev Posad (2 days)
City tours include:
- Railway tickets
- Accommodation in middle class hotel
- 2 meals a day
- Sightseeing program
- A ride on a horse-drawn sledge (in Suzdal)
Organisation and application is done on place, the cost will depend on the number of participants and is approx. EUR 30 for the visit to Sergiyev Posad (Zagorsk) and EUR 200 per person for the 2-days city tours.
If you wish to continue your journey on the Trans-Siberian, we are happy to help you organize an unforgettable trip. Check our individual or group tours on the Trans-Siberian.