Re: The cheapest way to go!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board - Schwarzes Brett - tableau d'affichage ]

Posted by living here on January 22, 2004 at 05:26:50:

In Reply to: Re: The cheapest way to go!!! posted by Anke on September 19, 2002 at 12:17:36:

: : Greetings from the Sunny side of The Alps-Slovenia!
: : Before I get to the point of the matter I wold like to thank Andrej for answering.
: : The question. What would be the cheapest way to travel with the Transsiberian railroad from Beijing to Moscow. Hence that I am a student with shallow pockets and very flexible as time is considered.

: : Best regards, Marko

: Hi, tickets apparently cost around USD 200 for 2nd class for foreigners if purchased from the Central Beijing train station and West train station for up to 5 days in advance. However, it is difficult to get them.

: CITC and other travel agencies like Monkeybusiness sell them for around USD 400 or higher depending on time and availability. You can also make reservations in advance...

: A lot of people in China also trade tickets, i.e. they buy tickets in advance and resell them to others in the train station. Although possibly being illegal, this is a great . And if you don't want to wait in the long queues at the train station counter, you also pay someone to circumvent the lines - seems to be a quite normal procedure.

: Good luck,

: Anke

You are encouraging scalping if noone was buying then they wouldnt be cheating you...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board - Schwarzes Brett - tableau d'affichage ]