Re: The cheapest way to go!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board - Schwarzes Brett - tableau d'affichage ]

Posted by Anke on September 19, 2002 at 12:17:36:

In Reply to: The cheapest way to go!!! posted by Marko P. on September 18, 2002 at 14:00:23:

: Greetings from the Sunny side of The Alps-Slovenia!
: Before I get to the point of the matter I wold like to thank Andrej for answering.
: The question. What would be the cheapest way to travel with the Transsiberian railroad from Beijing to Moscow. Hence that I am a student with shallow pockets and very flexible as time is considered.

: Best regards, Marko

Hi, tickets apparently cost around USD 200 for 2nd class for foreigners if purchased from the Central Beijing train station and West train station for up to 5 days in advance. However, it is difficult to get them.

CITC and other travel agencies like Monkeybusiness sell them for around USD 400 or higher depending on time and availability. You can also make reservations in advance...

A lot of people in China also trade tickets, i.e. they buy tickets in advance and resell them to others in the train station. Although possibly being illegal, this is a great . And if you don't want to wait in the long queues at the train station counter, you also pay someone to circumvent the lines - seems to be a quite normal procedure.

Good luck,

Anke

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board - Schwarzes Brett - tableau d'affichage ]